2019 TOUR MARKETING GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
Jake A. Wheat
502-381-3119 (Direct Cell Number) | 8am-5pm EST.
I am here to help you and your show, if you have any questions, I would be happy to address them on a call: 502-381-3119.
- Jake Wheat is your primary contact for the artist’s social media and tour marketing. Please contact me regarding approvals. Once contacted, I will need 24 hours to approve materials and will respond to you. Please allow a full 24 hours.2. Utilize social media, specifically Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We will provide you with assets to use for Jake Shimabukuro, specifically the following link:
New EPK: http://jakeshimabukuro.com/epk/
Please give press photo credit to: Americus Studios/Coleman Saunders
For additional promo please feel free to post Jake’s sizzle reel, which can be posted on your website, socials, or YouTube channel:
The link that we provided above contain all of the assets at this time that are available, or you can create your own using the provided component assets and submit to me for approval using the email address above. Please allow 24 hours for approval.
3. Check in with Jake Wheat each week, and we will be checking each social account to view postings and references to the show. You must have access to post, or have an assigned person with access we can speak to directly. Posting to socials and utilizing frequency of posts related to Jake Shimabukuro is expected.
Proper social media post should include:
A. Tag @jakeshimabukuromusic on Facebook, @jakeshimabukuro on Instagram, and @jakeshimabukuro on Twitter.
B. Shimabukuro is pronounced: SHE-MUH-BOO-COO-RO
C. Always provide the band’s tag, your venue tag (the venue, with City and State, and also the ticket link. If the ticket link is long, use a link shortened for free like Bitly. You can get a free account and track your links here: https://bitly.com/
D. Use hashtags: #jakeshimabukurotour2019 #ukulele #thegreatestday – we track these hashtags. We do not share or repost on our Official accounts unless they are scheduled in advance with me directly.
Example: @jakeshimabukuromusic will be coming to @thevenue in City, State on Month, Day! Get tickets directly here: www.ticketlink.com – you can include extra verbiage in third person as you desire.
4. If you do not promote your show, follow through on social media, or provide ticket counts – we cannot put out fires due to failure to promote properly.
- External media and cross promotion: any external groups (ukulele, music education groups) we would encourage cross promotion. Please advise me with any plans or ideas for approval using the contact information above.
- Instagram takeovers: Please express interest to me directly to get set up for a takeover.7. If you want Jake Shimabukuro to post for your event on their Official accounts, please schedule your posts here: http://www.jakewheat.com/jakeshimabukro-facebook-flare-2/ – allow for the approval process of 24 hours to get scheduled, if you DO NOT schedule a post here, it will not be posted.
9. If your show has not yet been announced, it is required that I coordinate with you to make sure that we get your FB event page, ticket link, and your tour date listed on our website. Please take the time to contact me at: 502-381-3119 to go over the announce.
Please do NOT negotiate an announce date until you have discussed this with the booking agent, Scott Galloway and then once finalized contacted Jake Wheat to initiate addition to the public calendar and official social networks/website/mobile app.
We look forward to working with you.
Jake A. Wheat
Tour Marketing & Social Media